Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post #4

Benefits of Podcasting
Podcasting in the classroom is a brilliant idea to me. It brings a fresh new perspective to the students and breaks away from the old paper and pencil. The narrator mentioned that you can use podcasts as a study tool as well as for fun. Podcasts can help student to student interaction, too. We are working in a podcast group currently and it has helped tremendously with interaction between my group members and I.

Eagle Nest Radio
These children really know what they are doing. They are so well prepared with the information of Rome. This recording is such a creative way for students to understand the topic and to actually have some fun with school. These children knew details about Rome that some people may still not know. I love what the chidlren did and I want to use it in my classroom some day.

rome



Education Podcast Network
The Education Podcast Network is a website where teachers can go to to get fresh new ideas about methods of teaching. This website is full of several different podcast topics that teachers can search through for their students. The subjects offered on the EPN are so beneficial for teachers trying to find new ways of learning for their students.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lindsey. I'm Mary LaCoste, and I'm one of your fellow EDM 310 classmates. It seems like you enjoyed visiting the various podcasting sites that we were assigned last week. I learned a lot as well. I didn't check out the Education Podcast Network, but it sounds very interesting. You should definitely visit the Langwitches site. It is a very informative site where a future teacher would find lots of good information. Your post is well-written and informative. The only error I could find was in your first paragraph you used "I" instead of "me" in the prepositional phrase starting with "between." That is a very common mistake for so many people, but the pronoun "me" should be used in prepositional phrases. Other than that one small mistake, your post was great. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...between my group members and I." I should be me since it is the object of between. This is a very common mistake. It is a mistake nonetheless.

    I am glad to learn that these assignments helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete