Thursday, September 8, 2011

C4T #1 & #2

In Dr. Strange's first blog he basically wrote what he wants his students to know when they leave his class. He created a list of specific goals as to what the student should be able to understand and use in everyday life. Of course the students should be able to write properly, but he also added they should be capable to utilize the scientific method. I wrote back and I completely agree with him. Throughout the years student's minds are jam packed with information and Dr. Strange neatly compiles the information into a list. I also said that the scientific method is the one item on the list that I remember. Dr. Strange and I agree that the method is not only for school classes but for everyday life.
teacher helping student


In Dr. Strange's second blog, internet is the main topic. He is saying that the internet is such a huge part of people's lives. He also mentioned that the internet is full of predators and why we should teach our children how to safely maneuver around the cyber world. I agree, I said that my aunt is crazy about internet. She refuses to dispose any personal information. Dr. Strange said "Be aware. Not afraid." That is so true. People cannot avoid the internet forever. It is now a huge part of life that it is impossible to not take interest in. I also said that the school's are up and coming in the internet. Teachers are getting more and more involved in the internet for their students. The internet can broaden your mind if you let it and you aren't afraid.

I was assigned Jenny She for my second C4T. Her blog post was on her experiences with Google+ and how important peer tutoring sessions are. I mentioned in my response that I have not used Google+ but I keep hearing things about it everywhere. I agreed with her on the fact that peer tutoring sessions are absolutely necessary. When you are in a relaxed environment with people your own age, it really does help you learn at a different level. Such a casual meeting with friends makes college easier to get through, is what I got from Ms. She. We both agree that teachers should integrate these casual sessions into their classrooms.
google plus logo

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am glad that you were assigned Dr. Strange's blog!

    ReplyDelete