Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog Post #8

This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2 based on the Internet and how much it affects us every single day. Imagine life today without Internet...for any question we have, 99% of people search the Internet. I bet that if the Internet was not around tomorrow, people would not know what to do with themselves. The Internet keeps people in sync with life outside of their own "bubble." We learn the majority of things from the Internet and it is only going to get more and more advanced.
I believe that I am prepared for multimedia. I get some really fantastic ideas from the Internet everyday. The Internet is constantly expanding, and I try my best to keep up with it. It is a tool that not only can help myself, but it will help my future as a teacher. There are millions of projects for students, teaching methods, and advice for brand new teachers, that yes, are ALL found on the Internet.
I will be teaching elementary students, so their knowledge of the Internet will be less than a college students, of course. The students will absolutely be mindful of the Internet. I can incorporate youtube clips into my lesson for that day, or I can provide them with an internet website to help them practice that week's voacbulary words. I think that if they are exposed to the Internet at an early age, they are way ahead of the game. We as teachers are responsible for giving our students every possibility of succeeding and the Internet is that main source.


Carly Pugh's Blog Post #8is so original! She nailed Dr. Miller's philosophy right on the head. For her to think so outside of the box on this assignment, she is going to be one successful teacher to many luck children. Her ideas will surely get people more inthused about teaching than they already are. Literature is not usually an exciting topic to most, but having students get creative with the videos they find benefits them in numerous ways. Carly's ideas I think would certainly fit perfectly into the classroom.

The Chipper Seriesand EDM310 For Dummiesvideos perfectly depict EDM310. This class is very hard to keep up with if you are a procastinator, like Chipper. The Chipper Series can very well happen. She decided that she wanted to do things her way, which meant doing the bare minimum and dropping out of school. She finally gets it through her head that she needed to change. In EDM310 For Dummies, it shows how frustrating students get with this class. I wish the book mentioned in the video was real!
If I were to create a video, I would definitely give adivce and pointers to all the new comers to EDM310. My video would hopefully ease the panicking minds of those students.

Learning to Change, Changing to Learn is a video that I think all should watch, especially those who believe technology is not necessary in the classroom. "Technology is not really a choice." is a quote that was mentioned, and it could not be any more right. Stop resisting technology! The commentors on this video were educators from all over, stating opinions on how technology should be in the classrooms more. I believe that they are right. The teaching methods that have been around for years, need to be updated and technology is only going to improve the methods exponentially.

2 comments:

  1. You made a lot of great points and I would have to agree with you because I had similar thoughts on these videos. Good Job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    Great post! You are not only intelligent and a good writer, but enthusiastic as well! Your post was interesting to read because you were upbeat.
    I don't know that many people notice or absolutely agree, but I think "This is How We Dream, Parts 1 and 2" and "Learning to Change, Changing to Learn" reinforce each other. One deals with the internet and multimedia writing, and the other backs it up by saying, "this is why we believe in this...and, this is what can happen if people don't get on board with it".
    And, Thanks for the props :) I agree that not everyone sees Literature as particularly interesting, in fact most would rather be chased by Zombies than read a book. Enter, the internet. I think for every subject in school there are people who dread it, and the things the internet has to offer can at least keep their interest, if not possibly excite them. I liked the idea of having an arsenal of sorts just for this purpose.
    Keep up the GOOD work!! :)

    ReplyDelete