Sunday, November 13, 2011

Part 1 of C4K #10

Mrs. Yollis' classroom blog is very inspiring! Anyone who intends to become an educator of any sort, they should take time to look at all of the effort that is within her blog. There are countless pictures, numerous links that tie into her points, and creative projects for her students. I mean, look at this! Most third grade classrooms do not have a happy birthday video recording planned for that week. Her students are incredibly lucky that she is so enthusiastic about her career! Look how many people are viewing her blog right now. That is truly something to be proud of. After searching throughout her blog, I really got excited about how I am going to incorporate technology like this into my classroom! Prior to viewing her blog, I did not know that it had won several awards. Even if you were not a student on Mrs. Yollis' class, with theis blog, you could still know exactly what goes on in her classroom. This blog is kid friendly and exceptionally useful to any new teacher. Mrs. Yollis' classroom blog is without a doubt one of my favorite blogs to get ideas from. I cannot wait to get started with my own classroom of eager students one day!

For the second part of C4K, I commented on Mrs. Yollis' post on the dog her and her husband babysit for a while. She mentioned that having an animal teaches children responsibility, which I totally agree on. She asked if we had any animals and I said that I had a Teacup Poodle, Fiona. Mrs. Yollis asked if Fiona requires attention from my parents and I, and she does. I said that we didn't really mind because Fiona is part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment