Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Post #11


Ms. Cassidy's class having a blog is a great idea. Even though I wouldn't necessarily think that first graders are ready for the blogging world, she introduces it to her students quite well. She mentions that they are protected and that their parents are fully aware of what their children are doing. She keeps them safe by only posting the child's first name, not their last. Safety on the Internet would be my number one concern as a parent, and I feel like Ms. Cassidy does an excellent job at that. She also mentions that there are pictures but they do not match the student's name. Ms. Cassidy made a point that technology will not ever go away. She is absolutely correct! Even at this young as an age, technology is crucial to these students. She teaches her students to use correct etiquette. Like technology, etiquette is important at a first grader's age. It is never too young to learn. The only thing that would possibly stand in the way of the Internet in my classroom would be keeping the children safe. Ms. Cassidy's tips on safety are exceptional. I know as a first grader, I was so excited on that day that we got to use the computer. So I can only imagine how excited my class will be using it regularly! I will definitely introduce the Internet to my elementary class in the future. Ms. Cassidy has given me some useful fun ideas to introduce to my class!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey,

    Safety on the internet is such a concern for us, so there is no doubt it's of greater concern for our children. If I had a child, I would be concerned about revealing too much information about them to the world, but Ms. Cassidy takes good precautions to prevent that.

    I remember the first time we used computers in the classroom. I'm not sure how old you are, but we had very basic programs when I was younger. But I was excited none the less. As long as children are taught how to use these internet tools (and use them appropriately), I think creativity will endure.

    ReplyDelete